Tuesday, January 22, 2013

It's like Christmas

I left Minneapolis for Paris on Saturday, but on my way to the airport I stopped by MCAD where Nadine Nakanishi and Nick Butcher of Sonnenzimmer have a show up right now: Image as Object, Object as Image. It completely took my breath away. Anyone within 1000 miles should make a special trip to see this show of paintings, screenprinting, a sound installation and... quilts? It officially opens Friday, January 25th with an artist talk that night at 7.



My other favorite abstractionist also has a show of new work up this month. And by great coincidence I'll be able to see that one too – even though it's in Belgium. Adam Henry's An Aspen's Inability to be a Pine is up at Meessen de Clercq in Brussels, where I'll be reading next Sturday.

No comments: